Monday, October 6, 2008

Oktoberfest and a harvest festival...

People up here have more festivals than you can imagine...we hit up Oktoberfest in the Amana Colonies on Saturday, complete with a parade, LARGE mugs of beer, polka music and my favorite, the KEG toss. Later on that evening, we had a harvest festival at Aubrey's preschool. Her class recited "5 little pumpkins" for the audience, and it was really cute. Fall has definitely settled in up here, and the temperature continues to do just that...fall. I pulled out all of our bins of winter clothes yesterday. I have to say, for being Texans, we have a pretty solid collection of sweaters and jackets. I had a mildly emotional mommy moment while I was pulling out all of Aubrey's old hand me downs for Adelyn. Aubrey was wearing those clothes when I was pregnant with Addy, and I can't believe Addy can already fit into them! Here are some pictures from our fall fun on Saturday...

The girls waiting for the candy to be thrown...

Unfortunately, the horses didn't drop a pile of candy...

When there's something strange in the neighborhood...

Who ya gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS!

Aubrey with her crafts she made...for FREE! A random lady took this picture also, but she assured me it was for their visitor's bureau newsletter or something...

I couldn't believe they were all looking. That's not some random kid...he is the son of another fellow at the hospital. He turned 2 in July...Addy doesn't turn 2 until the end of November...she is really TALL!

Aubrey LOVES him...they held hands everytime we started walking!

The KEG TOSS...

And we're out...

Onto Festival #2...
a little pumpkin decorating...

a little face painting...


a lot of good photo ops...
aubrey:
dave:
random happy children:


if dave and I had a little boy, I think he would look like this:

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Looks like you guys had a fun and busy Saturday! The weather there looks great... nice, clear skies!

The girls look too cute in their matching Halloween outfits. Addy is tall!