Thursday, October 2, 2008

a few things you may not know (or care to know) about me...

I check to make sure my children are breathing every night before I go to sleep. I can't go to sleep unless my feet are hanging off the end of the bed. When I clean my room, I put everything from the floor onto the bed first. I have never dyed my hair. One of my greatest fears is knocking out my two front teeth. I love Barack Obama...even have a t-shirt that Dave bought me. I have a conditioned gag reflex when vodka, gold schlager or bacardi 151 is mentioned. My prom dress was only $41. My date looked like Richie from Happy Days. I met Dave on AOL instant messenger. He was my first boyfriend. I was a sophomore in college. My first college roommate had a 50's diner phone that played "Rock around the Clock tonight" everytime it rang...which was a lot more often than my phone rang. No one called me at 3 in the morning. The f-word is part of my daily vocabulary, sometimes just thought and not verbalized. I cry everytime I watch Steel Magnolias. and A Baby Story. I weigh less now, after two children, than I did in high school. I have self-diagnosed myself with social anxiety disorder because I turn bright red anytime a stranger (or someone I haven't seen in a while) talks to me. and I rarely make eye contact when I speak. actually, I seem to be talking to myself a lot since becoming a stay-at-home mom. I love being pregnant. If I knew my private parts or my tummy flap wouldn't hang down to my knees, I would have 10 kids. OK, maybe not 10...I've seen Jon and Kate plus 8 and I don't know how she does it! Speaking of that, did you see that Duggar woman is pregnant with baby #18!! Yikes. That leads me to my next characteristic. I can't stay focused on a single topic for too long. My mind bounces around like crazy. An old boss of mine once described me to someone as "Jennifer, she tells the longest and most pointless stories of anyone I know". I agree. Now you have proof. Good night.

2 comments:

STACEY said...

You are so stinkin cute! I love it!!

Ashley said...

Great post! You're too funny!

And FYI... you look fabulous, especially for someone who has had two children!