Friday, October 3, 2008

if only every morning could be this smooth!

A typical morning involves lots of moaning and groaning, Aubrey saying she doesn't want to go to school, and the occasional meltdown. However, today was almost eerily different...
Aubrey woke up ON her own. I told her to run downstairs and tell her daddy good morning before he left for work. She said, "ok, but when do I get to go to school"...I honestly had to do a double take to make sure it was my child standing in front of me. I sent her downstairs and Dave got her dressed. While I was getting dressed, child Numero Dos woke up ON her own! I got her dressed, and we went downstairs for breakfast. We even had time to watch Dora and do pigtails this morning...with BOWS! We were awake and out the door in 48 minutes this morning. I almost thought it was too good to be true, and I had a feeling Aubrey might try her clingy, don't leave me behavior when we got to school. Wrong...I got a big fat kiss and a hug, and then she went straight into her classroom and sat down in circle time. Rock on!
Aubrey was very focused on Dora...she didn't know what to think about TV in the morning!

Addy was focused on getting her banana fix for the day:

No comments: