Sunday, February 8, 2009

a stranger's prediction...

When I was pregnant with Aubrey, the ladies at work did the "ring test"--you know, where you hang your wedding ring on a piece of string to see which way it swings, and that supposedly tells you the sex of your unborn children---well, mine swung three times, all in the same direction...all in the girl direction. I didn't think much of it, and Dave definitely thought we were crazy. Well, today we went to Panera for breakfast. The girls wore their super cute Valentine's outfits that Nanny and GG Dada sent, and this lady asked me where I got them. We started chatting away, and I popped out my pregnancy news (I think I've now told the entire planet). Anyway, she told me that she would be able to let me know the sex of my baby.... she said that she is a hairstylist and she has done the "pencil test" (very similar to the ring test, just with a pencil...) on 97 of her clients and she has only been wrong once. No lie, the lady went out to her car, got her special pencil that was attached to a rubber band by the way of a safety pin, and came to find me while we were eating breakfast. I thought it was kinda funny, so I put out my wrist and the thing went to swinging...three times....all in the same direction...so we'll see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My little sweethearts are precious!
I am so interested to see if the tests are true also......I will be totally excited to have another precious granddaughter...I love you sweet girl....Love,Mom

Ashley said...

I can't wait to find out if the pencil test was right or not! People made guesses based on how I was carrying, but no one ever mentioned the ring or pencil test :)

Have the girls made any requests for a baby brother or sister yet?

The Miedema-Familia said...

I am all about a matching set of 3 girls so my fingers are crossed for another girl in the Watkins household.

And a special pencil? What could be more accurate! Love your blog-- keep us posted!

Fillman Family said...

I had the pencil test done at work with Alexis and it was right on - we then did it on all of the parents at work and it was correct about all of their kids even if it was a girl and boy...have fun!!