Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lots of love...

Everyday seems like Valentine's Day around here. My heart is always full. The blog world opens your eyes to other people's everyday joys and challenges, and reading the stories of so many who suffer the loss of loved ones, especially children, makes me appreciate my own life even more. Not a day goes by that I don't tell Dave or the girls that I love them. I am truly blessed with an awesome family! We had a great weekend with the girls. We loaded them in the car on Saturday morning and headed off to our surprise destination. Everyone started off a little cranky, but it was nothing that breakfast at McDonald's couldn't fix...


and then their Valentine's goodies made it even better...


The big clue in their Valentine goody bag was a heart covered swimsuit...

Aubrey loved her swimsuit, even though she was a little confused (it is still winter here)...

We finally made it to our destination, Wisconsin Dells (THE waterpark capital of the world). The girls didn't wait long to strip off their clothes and put on their new swimwear...
They were super-pumped, can you tell?? We stayed at a little hotel with an indoor waterpark perfect for little kids, and the girls had a blast! They also slept REALLY well. It was an awesome weekend. Dave and I watched the NBA HORSE competition, along with the 3 point and slam dunk competitions, and he kept repeating how I was the best wife ever...it obviously takes very little to impress him. Then on Sunday, we met some friends in Mt. Horeb, WI for lunch. They are our friends from Temple who are also stuck in the midwest doing a fellowship. It was a cute town, full of large wooden trolls along the main road, or trollway, as they call it. We ate at a place called The Grumpy Troll, and then tried to walk around, but it was way too cold!! Here are some more pics from our weekend excursion...enjoy!
Addy was very distracted by her surroundings:

testing the waters...

the sweetest sisters around...


my girls...




I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day, I know we did!! :)

3 comments:

Allena said...

Have you lost your mind? Schlitterbahn is THE waterpark!! :)

The Miedema-Familia said...

I have heard great things about the Wisconsin Dells--every mid-Westerner I know raves about it. And who can beat a bathing suit in February?

Fillman Family said...

Looks like the girls enjoyed their surprise! That looks like a neat place to visit!