Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Project 52 update

I am doing pretty well with my list...Dave and I had date night the other night {Gino's Italian restaurant is great!}.  I did get sick to my stomach right before we got there, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have.  The girls are well into swim lessons and loving them.  I have been cooking more and we have lots of fresh fruit in the house for snacks.  I updated the list on the link at the top if you really want to see the details.  :)  I am counting a trip to Disney at the end of March as "spontaneous".  Dave is off March 29-April 2, so we just out of the blue decided to book a trip to Orlando.  Flights were super cheap on Southwest, and we ended up finding a decent priced resort {even though we are apparently going during peak pricing season}.  Of course, we booked the flights first and then discovered it was peak pricing at Disney.  Oh well, it all worked out.  I am so excited to take the kids!  We are going to make it Aubrey's birthday celebration trip...and WE AREN'T TELLING THEM WE'RE GOING!  We are just going to wake up on that Thursday like it's a normal school day, but head to the airport instead.  Did I mention that I am excited!!!   Here are the girls on our last trip to Disney...they look so little!

In other news, we were told last week at Addy's 5 year check-up that she had 20/40 vision in her left eye and 20/30 in her right.  So yesterday we went to the eye doctor.  She was digging the glasses, and got a little upset when they decided she didn't need any right now.  ha!  I have to admit, she looked pretty cute.




Blake and I found a playscape outside the rec center where the girls take swim lessons.  We are LOVING this weather!!  Seriously, it is amazing.

And, for motivation...my brother and future sister-in-law came to cheer us on at the half marathon the other day {which I am just now recovering from, btw}.  It was so great to see them right at the end!  Shelby took a few pictures.  At the time she took my "action shot", I think I was barely moving and I was SO READY to see the finish line.  It was so sweet of them to come and it was awesome seeing them right at the end.  Gave me the last little boost of energy that I needed to make it to the end.  Thanks, Bink and Shelby!!








No comments: