Thursday, January 12, 2012

SWEET!


apparently, mixing is hard work and requires goggles.
My dessert this week was cookies and cream cheesecakes.  Very easy to make (Addy did all the mixing) and pretty yummy.  They taste even better the second day.  I cut the recipe in half, so it made 15 individual cheesecakes. Got the recipe here: The Girl Who Ate Everything.  She has a TON of awesome recipes on her blog.  Go check it out!
{photo from The Girl Who Ate Everything}
Adelyn is reading, thanks to this book recommendation.  We are only on Lesson 32 and she is doing GREAT.  She and Dave do a lesson each night, so she should definitely know all of her letters and sounds by August.  (one of my project 52 goals)

Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons [Book]

Blake grew out of his carseat, so I went ahead and moved him to a high back booster.  He is over the minimum height and weight requirements (he is taller than some four year olds we know), and he barely fit in his five point harness.  So far, he has done great.  He stays strapped in like a big boy, but the minute he figures out he can unstrap himself, back to the harness!  But for now, we are a carseat-less family!  Just boosters.  WOW!  I never thought the day would come.  

I got a coupon for a FREE Shutterfly photo book and I actually used it!  It expired yesterday, so I frantically uploaded our Hawaii anniversary pics and put together a quick book.  I am just hoping I didn't misspell anything!  I love photo books, and I am thinking that might be the way I end up organizing my gazillion pictures!

I found these ADORABLE crayon shaped books in the Target Dollar Spot.  I am going to print a label that says something like "You make my life colorful, Valentine" and give them to Blake's classmates for Valentine's Day.  They only had eight red ones at the Round Rock Target, so I made my brother go check another Target and he found two more.  Score! 


No comments: