Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday ramblings.

Yay for Friday, right?  I feel like this week has lasted forever.  I really have nothing super interesting to say, but I need to hit my 3 post per week goal.  So, here ya' go....a list of things rummaging around in my little brain.
- I am running the 3M half marathon next Sunday.  I have not trained nearly as much for this one as my last one.  I am hoping to finish it.  Without passing out.  I am also hoping the weather stays nice, although it could cool off just a bit for me.  That would be super.  It is January, in case the 80+ degree weather has thrown you off.....
- Adelyn is spending the night with a friend tomorrow night.  It will be the first time she's stayed with anyone but our parents.  They are going to see Beauty and the Beast, so I know she will have a blast.  I am trying to figure out what I'll do with Aubrey and Blake. 
- Dave is on call this weekend.  Call weekends suck.  For both of us.
- My brother and his fiancee moved up their wedding date an entire year, so now they are getting married THIS September!!  I went to see the venue they picked and it is GORGEOUS.  It's brand new, and it totally fits their personalities.  I am beyond excited for the wedding!  Also, our entire family will be in it, so I am thinking we might actually get an adorable family picture!  {Plan on seeing the entire Watkins crew on your Christmas card this year!}  
- I am wondering if our summer is going to be super hot, considering it's already sunny and warm....
- Blake wrote on the wall, back window, and kitchen floor yesterday with red Sharpie.  Anyone know the best way to get it off the wall?  Magic eraser will probably work, but I've taken the paint off that way before...it worked for the door and floor, though.  
- I told someone the other day that Aubrey is eight.  She won't be eight until March...speaking of, I am trying to figure out what to do for her birthday....my mind is blank. 
- Blake had his 2 year check up today.  He was almost 37 inches and he was 34 pounds.  He's a big guy.  Unfortunately, the booster seat didn't work...he may be big enough, but he is definitely not mature enough.  Once he figured out that seatbelt button, we were done.  Maybe we'll try again this summer.
- I changed the duvet on my bed back to the one I bought when we first moved in.  I didn't like it then, but  I think I might love it now.  Funny how that works.  
- I want to redecorate my living room, dining room, and front room....I think I tried to decorate based on the style of our home rather than my personal style when we moved in, and I just don't feel comfortable in those spaces like I do others in the house.  I love the guest room and our bedroom because I think they reflect my personality.  I kinda think you should dress your house the way you would dress yourself...I have way too many floral print rugs for someone who would NEVER wear florals {except in Hawaii}.  
- I can't wait to get our photo book from Hawaii!  I am going to start Blake's first year photo book this weekend.  Yes, I realize he's two now.  That's actually pretty good considering he's my third!  
- I can't stand stay-at-home moms who bitch all the time about how hard their lives are.  GET A CLUE, people.  I went back to work with Aubrey and Adelyn and being a working mom was a gazillion times harder than staying at home.  I am so lucky that I get to stay home.  I am not saying there aren't days when  the kids are crazy or I am crazy, but for real?  This is the easiest job ever.  Get over yourselves, women.  Or better yet, go get a job for a while so you realize what hard really means. 
- Sorry, I've read a lot of blog posts lately that are so damn irritating.  I didn't realize I had all that bottled up inside.  
- Anyway, my mom and I met one of her friends and her daughter {who is pregnant} for lunch the other day.  As we were sitting there, Blake ate a chip with a shit ton of salsa on it and promptly gagged and puked all over the floor.  I didn't freak out, I just looked at Kelsey, and said "Welcome to motherhood".  
- I hope you all have a fabulous weekend.  Enjoy this amazing weather {unless you live somewhere super cold} and just be happy.  That's an order.

1 comment:

Allena said...

Love the way your brain works! I have too many comments on everything you said - just little tidbits as I was laughing. :) I did a random post too today!!