Wednesday, January 28, 2009

random pic Wednesday...

We're going way back today...to the location on my computer called old pictures; these are actually pictures that we copied onto this computer from our old desktop before it crashed. :) Enjoy!

folder 5, picture 8
- This is Aubrey when she was about 10 months old (I think). I was trying to get a picture of her smiling, but my camera was suuuuper slow at that time. I took about 30 pictures before I got one! This is one of the outtakes...thank goodness for digital cameras!!
folder 6, picture 11 (there weren't 11 pics in this folder so I added 1+1 and used pic 2)- This is a picture of our sweet puppy, Romeo, that we bought as a "friend" for our Yorkie, Tootsie. Turns out a yorkie and an olde english bulldog don't really play well together. So, we gave our Yorkie to my great Aunt Gloria, who absolutely loved her. We gave her away because she absolutely HATED Aubrey and would always snap at her. We wanted her to have a good home, so she made the trip to Colorado to live with my aunt, who still has her today. Romeo was the sweetest little monster anyone could ask for, and he was really careful when he was around Aubrey. However, he also had a thing about eating through fences and gnawing on our house. With a child, a husband in residency, a full time job, and then a new pregnancy, I felt like it was the best thing for him to live with a new family that had more time to devote to him. I found him an awesome home with a family in Bastrop, complete with 4 grown kids and a lake! I am sure he is much better off, but we really miss him still!

folder 11, picture 11- Kinda funny....this was Aubrey's 11 month birthday! I took a picture of her in that birthday hat each month of her first year and I have them all in a frame. Once again, this is one of about 25 pictures trying to get one of her smiling (she was really into her food!)
Folder 8, picture 6- This was before we started the photo shoot for Aubrey's one year party picture invitations---you guessed it, a luau. :)
Folder 14, picture 7- These pictures are obviously not in the correct order on our computer...this is Aubrey in the hospital the DAY she was born. I can't believe that was almost 5 years ago!

Folder 18, picture 11- Aubrey's one month birthday...my mom and I took LOTS of pictures of Aubrey! :) She was such a cute subject. :)

Folder 19, picture 13- Aubrey playing with daddy after bathtime (about 5 months old)
Folder 21, picture 7- Pops was showing Aubrey the new hot tub at the house...sorry I cut you out of the picture, Pops!

Folder 24, picture 5- My brother, Chad (on the left), with one of the Reichenbach boys before prom their junior year. They were crazy. It's hard to believe that Chad will be graduating from college in May!!

Folder 27, picture 7- Dave and Aubrey (about 18 months) at Pier 39 in San Francisco. On the plane flight there, a lady, who was obviously in a poor mood, saw me holding Aubrey and said, oh, have I died and gone to hell?? I couldn't believe she said that!! and loud enough for me to hear! Well, Aubrey was AWESOME on the flight, and she slept for most of it. When we were getting off the plane, the lady commented on how great she was and that she had just been on a flight where two little boys were running up and down the aisles and bouncing around in their seats...but c'mon..........I still can't believe she said what she did when she got on the plane! I know she obviously didn't have kids, and I think she might be someone who shouldn't!!
That's it for today!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love all the pictures! I bet the luau invites turned out great... the outfit she wore is too cute.

Thank goodness for digital cameras and being able to store all our images on the computer! Keep up the random pic day.

STACEY said...

OK, the pic of Aubrey in the hospital the day she was born is beautiful!!