Tuesday, January 6, 2009

a hairy situation...

So, I thought I would be good and actually get things cleaned up around here before updating my blog with Christmas pics. I will get that post done sometime this week, but I have to share this quickly. Addy went down for a nap about 45 minutes ago, so I thought I would tackle Aubrey's room first. I was down on the floor trying to figure out what to do with all the new books since they weren't fitting on the bookshelf when I looked over and realized that Aubrey had placed some toys under her bed. I started pulling the stuff out and noticed something a little strange. There was a lock of hair that resembled the beautiful tresses on my own little princess...she does have beautiful hair...

I was like, that's weird...I don't think we have any dolls with hair like that...Barbies don't have that color hair....Whoa, here is some more....and more.....and more......there's no way....right? There is no way that MY kid cut her own hair...I was just watching Super Nanny the other night and totally talked crap about the mom who let her kid cut his hair at the dinner table....so no, not MY kid............................... right?







WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Even worse is that my kid cut her own hair, and possibly some of her sister's red locks as well, and then HID it from me under her bed!!!! The best part is that alongside her hair was her pretend vacuum..........



Upon discovering the vacuum, the memory of when this took place came flooding back. One day during Christmas break, while Addy was napping, I thought I would take a shower. I asked Aubrey if she wanted the craft box, thinking she might want to create a masterpiece while I was getting clean. I figured that was pretty safe. I have safety scissors in the craft box, but I knew she couldn't stab herself with those. When I got out of the shower, I went in her room to check on her and she was vacuuming. I thought it was so cute, and I was thrilled that she was interested in tidying up her room. Little did I know, she was just trying to cover her tracks!!!! I can't wait to see the look on her face when I ask her about it this afternoon. :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

That is hilarious! At least she tried to vacuum up her mess :)

She must be a good stylist since no one noticed any large missing chunks in her hair! She's got talent!