Tuesday, January 13, 2009

EYE love my girls

Took Addy to the pediatric opthalmologist today to see if she needs glasses. The resident said he thought she was a little farsighted, but his attending came in and said she thought it was normal for her age....my question...is it ever normal to be farsighted, regardless of age? I mean, if you're farsighted at 2, won't you still be farsighted at 22? 42?? etc?? My mind was mush after 3 hours of waiting, eye-dilating, waiting, seeing the resident, waiting...you get the picture. By the time I actually saw the attending physician, I was not in the mood to be there any longer. Therefore, that question did not really pop into my head until I was in my car. Oh well, it gave me someting to do ALL morning! And the best news is....we get to do it all again in 6 months! (to see if Addy's vision has improved....???)

Moving on, tonight Aubrey was into pouring drinks for everyone and she was very proud. She had given Addy some diet Pepsi (don't judge me) in HER Sleeping Beauty cup with the cool straw, and it was really sweet because Aubrey doesn't share her Sleeping Beauty cup with just anyone...well, I asked her if she could pour me some diet Pepsi.

"Can you pour mommy some drink too?"
"Sure I can, mommy, but I'll get you a glass cup... "
"Thanks sweetie"
"because that's a mudder cup" (translation: mother cup)

I thought that was hilarious. Anyway, we're bracing for the expected 5-6 inches of snow tonight!! Yikes! The highest temp on my car thermometer was 3 today. That's right, I said 3.

4 comments:

STACEY said...

3?! Oh my! Stay warm…if that’s possible.

Ashley said...

Geez... that was a long appointment. Hopefully you will get more consistent answers at the next appointment. You could always call in with your question and see what they have to say.

What a cute story :)

Hope you guys are staying warm today.

The Kohl's said...

Hey, I have been hearing about all the horribly cold weather y'all have been having up there...hang in there or a month or so more...it will be nice a cool for the summer.

I hope the weather is still not this bad on February 19th or 20th. I really want to make it to Iowa first of all and would love for Kody to get to visit Chicago...since everyone has been but him.

Katie said...

Tag- you're it! You need something to do when it's so friggin' cold, right?
http://www.katiecantrell.com/2009/01/honest-scrap.html