Wednesday, November 12, 2008

my aubrey

Aubrey didn't have school yesterday, so the girls and I ventured out in the rain for a couple of hours. We had to make a stop at Target for diapers and tampons (not both for me, although diapers are necessary at times...). We decided to eat there. The girls got a hot dog and I got some chili...I was sitting across from Aubrey and I just kept looking at her, thinking, I can't believe she's mine. She's so beautiful and so sweet (most of the time). I love looking into her big brown eyes and wondering what she's thinking. I get butterflies in my tummy when I tuck her in at night (and when I roll over and see her next to me in the morning).
The other night, as she was literally drifting off to sleep, she said "Mommy..."
I responded, "Yes, Aubrey."
She said in a soft voice, "I like you."
And that was it...she was fast asleep. I love that her last thought of the day was that she likes me.
I hope that never changes.
Dave and I created her, and she is the best of both of us. I loved having her home all day yesterday. I loved watching her watch the world. I loved holding her hand as we walked to the playscape in the mall. I loved it when she rolled her eyes at me and said, "Silly Addy" as Addy made her typical getaway attempt at Target. I love her, I love her, I love her. And I started missing her the minute I dropped her off at school today...

5 comments:

KerrisKorner said...

I love those sweet "I like you" moments...they are just priceless! I watch kate and think the same thoughts sometimes. It's amazing how much you can love another human being...lets just keep in mind how much we love them before they become teenagers!

STACEY said...

That was just too sweet….I got a little teary-eyed

Ashley said...

What a sweet girl! I can't wait for sweet moments like that :)

The Daltons said...

Sweet!

Quick question for you Jenn. In that pic of Dave and his friends on a few posts back: is one of those guys named Thomas Acker?

Anonymous said...

David showed me this blog yesterday to demonstrate the "keyboard" incident. I found myself absorbed by all of your funny blogs. Your free spirited soul shines through in many of your comments. Keep it up!