Saturday, November 15, 2008

and the best parent award goes to...

anyone other than us. we officially lost addy at the mall today. she is really fast and she made a run for it...i sent dave after her while i stayed to watch aubrey at the playscape. RUN Dave!
kept SeArChInG the crowd for him, but didn't see him. gathered aubrey, started walking in the direction addy ran. still no dave. still no addy. panic starting to brew...stood in front of dillards with aubrey. must've said something to her about daddy trying to find her sister...a customer at the perfume counter looked at me and said, "she's right here...she's been playing with the mannequins." thank you lord....my addy is ok. now where is dave?? didn't call him. thought i'd let him sweat it out a bit. after all...i told him to RUN!


In Dave's defense...he did say that his pants fell down and his shoe fell off while he was running after her...and he did contact management at Dillard's to help with the search....


4 comments:

The Miedema-Familia said...

I love this story-- and I love your use of font to make it even more interesting. And I love that Dave's pants fell down in the mall (I'm guessing they didn't fall all the way down, but it makes the story EVEN better to imagine it so).

Anonymous said...

OH...thank GOD I wasn't there!!!!
I would have had a heart attack!!!
I'm telling you that you had better get a chain or a leash for her!!!That is tooooooo scary!!!
Love, Mom "Mimi"

STACEY said...

While that’s super scary, this is a good story you’ll never forget! AND now that it’s over …it’s pretty funny!

Ashley said...

I am glad that you were able to find her quickly. How scary!

Because she is safe... I can say the way you told that story was great. I laughed about you letting Dave sweat it out and his pants falling down!