Friday, July 4, 2008

HOLY FIRECRACKERS!

If I didn't know any better, I would think the little town of Coralville, IA was under attack. This place does 4th of July up big...we attended the town parade this morning, but we're missing the fireworks because Dave got called into the hospital to do a procedure (one procedure, paged at noon, not home yet, it's almost 11 pm). Plus, it gets dark here SO LATE that my children were asleep well before the initial firework launch. However, I am a little afraid they might wake up from the OvErWhElMiNG noise that the festivities are producing! It is crazy loud. Anyway, we had a great day. Aubrey was basically adopted by some friendly Iowans at the parade who helped her score an entire bag of candy and goodies, Addy just ate the candy Aubrey got, we went to the hospital to hang out with Daddy and got to play on the awesome playscape there, and we experienced an Iowa Dairy Queen (not quite the same as Texas DQ's). The girls both passed out at the end of the night, and I am not too far from that myself. :) Here are a few pics of our little FiReCrAcKeRs!!







3 comments:

KerrisKorner said...

Hey there! Your girls are PRECIOUS!!! They look just like you. It's fun reading your blog and seeing what you guys are up to! I'm glad the move is going well and you guys are settling in. Sorry there's no Deuchenfest there :(. Just wanted to say "hi"! -Kerri (Chambers) Pearson

karen said...

OK so did you guys get to experience the flooding? I thought that Dairy Queen by the University was UNDER WATER. I can't believe you're in our old stompin grounds. We miss it but feel like we dodged a huge bullet by gettin out of Dodge before the floods, tornados, etc. Surely Mother Nature will take pity on Iowa this year! What's the name of your townhomes again? email me the info at mktobler@yahoo.com so you don't have personal info out there for weirdos. I gotta tell my friends you've arrived and see if you're into any of their playgroup stuff!

Sawatzky family said...

@I am lovin' those bows in their hair....may i ask if you made them or bought them? I would love to get some for my litle one :)
Thanks