Saturday, November 19, 2011

I am thankful for Council Oak Preschool!

The Thanksgiving festivities have begun!  We attended Adelyn's last Thanksgiving feast at her preschool before she is a BIG KINDERGARTENER next year!  During the feast, I mentioned that it was her last one and she got really quiet.  A little later, she told me that she didn't want to turn five because she wouldn't be in preschool anymore.  Their preschool is THE BEST.  All three of my brothers went there when they were kids and it is still wonderful.  I only wish Aubrey could've gone there when she was little.  BOO on the Iowa preschool where she went {it is NOTHING compared to this one}.  The teachers LOVE LOVE LOVE the kids and my kids LOVE LOVE LOVE their teachers.  We started the morning with a breakfast celebration in Blake's class and then went back in the afternoon for Adelyn's feast, catered by Bill Miller.  Looking forward to Thanksgiving day, where we'll start the morning with Dave's family at the Turkey Trot (such a fun tradition!) and breakfast; then we'll move on to our house where my uncle will cook our Thanksgiving turkey (I've actually bought it the last couple of years at Bill Miller, but he nixed that idea this year and said he wanted a HOME-COOKED turkey.  Good thing I got my Bill Miller stuffing fix at the preschool!  ha!)  I am thankful for so many things in my life, probably too many to list.  I hope you all have an amazing Thanksgiving with your loved ones.


my precious *almost* five year old



LOVE the Indian name...Adelyn New Moon. future Twilight fan, maybe?  ha!

Blake with his wonderful teachers!


Blake's class did a breakfast celebration...the banana chocolate chip muffins on the right were AMAZING!

showing us his fnished turkey


sticking the feathers in his turkey.  he loved this craft.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

POPS AND MIMI ARE THANKFUL TO HAVE THREE ABSOLUTELY AWESOME WONDERFUL GRANDCHILDREN!!!!!!!
WE HAD SUCH A NICE TIME AT THE FEAST TODAY!!!