Saturday, July 16, 2011

confessions of a frump...

There was a time in my early twenties when I felt so cute and fashionable. I spent way too much on purses and shoes and actually took a shower on a daily basis....and then I had Aubrey. I did go back to work so I had to shower most days, but there were some mornings where my hair went up into a half ass ponytail and I wore the same black pants two days in a row because I just didn't have time to do any laundry. Luckily for me, I do have time to do laundry these days....so the workout shorts and t-shirts that I throw on most mornings usually smell better than I do. It's not that I don't care about what I look like...I do. I usually just figure the time spent making myself up could be better spent on something else...namely, sleeping. However, I should probably start caring a little more so I don't end up in the drop off line at school wrapped in my bathrobe, with curlers in my hair and tweeked out on coffee....I am well on my way. Here are more confessions from this frumpy motha...

I haven't bought make-up since we lived in Iowa...that's right...we moved there almost three years ago. I have been surviving on mascara and lip gloss since we moved back. And occasionally tinted moisturizer so I don't look dead.

I rarely go to the mall, like never. I buy all of my clothes at Target, Ross or Marshall's. Occasionally I branch out and go to Kohl's.

All of my bras are flesh colored. My FOUR year old told me the other day, "You know, Mom, bras come in ALL different colors!" I do have one pink sportsbra from my younger years...

The last package of underwear I bought came from Dollar General because it was close to Aubrey's reading camp and I only had an hour to get there and back...I only bought new ones because our dog finally ate the crotch out of most of mine. I don't need a ton because all of my workout shorts have built-in panties. :-). and I have WAY too many pairs of workout shorts.

Regardless of running a half marathon in March, I still haven't managed to lose the rest of the baby weight...that means I am probably still eating for two....this summer has been a carb-fest!! on this trip alone, I have had fried twinkies and red velvet cheesecake. yummy, but
blech! notttt good for the waistline.

So I guess with these confessions should come some goals...
Dave is off this week, so I am going to Merle Norman to buy new make-up (no, Merle Norman isn't just for grandmas...).
I also know that Victoria's Secret bikini cut panties are what fit my big ole bootay the best, so I am going to make a special stop there...
I just can't budge on the flesh colored bras...I wear a lot of white shirts. Addy will have to get over it.
Sign up for another half marathon. and actually focus in my diet this time....
and once I lose the baby weight, splurge on a few wardrobe staples...my weakness-cute, overpriced jeans.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I guess you're calling me a frump, too :)

Anonymous said...

You are not a frump! You always have cute jewelry & if you can get away with no makeup (you can), go for it!!!! -Allison

Allena said...

[This is all being typed as I drink a chocolate milkshake - ha] I am most definitely eating for 2 still - the last 2 months I have been gaining weight like crazy b/c I eat too much crap. I was 5 pounds from my pre-baby weight, now it's like 12. UGH.

STACEY said...

I don’t think you are a frump at all. Almost every article of clothing I own came from Target. I love Target! The only color bras I ever wear are nude color. Boring, but who cares. Well, obviously Addy I suppose! And you & the no make-up thing makes me dislike you just a tad. You are lucky enough to have great skin & be naturally gorgeous! I’m jealous.