Thursday, October 8, 2009

one week ago today....


I was here:


My induction was going smoothly and contractions weren't too painful yet:


Doctor said he would come in and break my water at noon. It broke on its own at 11:45. Shortly after that, I asked for IV drugs:


Big mistake. I was so out of it. Shortly after the girls left the room, I told Dave I needed to poop. Like NOW...I insisted on getting out of the bed and went so far as to try to stand up and pull the cords out of the monitors so I could walk to the toilet...he and my mom insisted I lay down and they called the nurse. I told her the same thing...I have to poop, it's coming out, it's coming out....just poop on the table she says. So I give up all dignity and try. Nothing comes out. She leaves. Doctor comes in. I'm 6-7 cm. A little bit of time passes, things are still a blur. But I still know one thing, I have to poop....no, wait...I think the baby is coming...Dave, Dave, he's coming, HE'S COMING!!! Nurses come, Doctor comes sprinting in, table gets lifted, I ask is there a head down there? They say yes. Lights are on, this thing is a GO...did I mention I didn't get an epidural? Freak, Freak, DOUBLE FREAK! I still have all the pain AND I'm completely out of it because of the IV drugs....OWWW...it BURNS, it HURTS, it BURNS, is he coming out???


A few choice four letter words, an apology for blurting those out, doctor tells me I can say whatever I need to say...a little screaming, and then AAAHHHH....thank you GOD!


Our precious Blake arrived:


1:14 PM, 7 lbs 11.5 oz, 19 1/4 in long.

and perfect in every way.

6 comments:

STACEY said...

I LOVE reading your blog! You are so darn cute! Way to go girl & congratulations!

Sawatzky family said...

So funny and precious!!!
Many many many blessings to your family and little Blake!
Simply adorable :)

Anonymous said...

that might be the coolest birth story ever. love it. Congrats and way to go!!! wish you guys were across the street and I could come see him!

The Daltons said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for the 5 of you!

karen said...

allright that is a pretty swell birthing story. and i got my midnight chuckle over the photo of you passed out cold (or off in freakland dealing with the pain)with the girls all happy and smiling next to you. funny juxtapositioning. glad he's here safe and sound and his little "circa" is O.V.E.R.! I think he'll thank you.

Ashley said...

You are too funny! Love the birth story. Blake is a cutie, and I can't wait to meet him!

I hope the first week has gone well!