Tuesday, October 13, 2009

oh boy.



It has been a rollercoaster around here since this little guy entered our lives! I left the hospital the day after he was born, and I figured out quickly that life doesn't slow down when you bring home number three! I cried for the first 3 days out of pure exhaustion, and I was really wishing I had stayed an extra night in the hospital just to mentally prepare for coming home. However, after those initial few days, we all started to fall into a decent routine and I started feeling better. It's amazing how just 5 hours of sleep can make you feel like a new person! Blake is doing great! He has already been to his first birthday party in Temple, to a dance class with his sister, to a movie (Zombieland) with his mommy and daddy, to Target with mommy and her friend, and to various restaurants around town. However, this past Thursday, Aubrey came home from school with a 102.4 fever most likely attributed to swine flu since other kids in her class tested positive for it. Since then we've pretty much been homebound, more specifically confined to my room while Aubrey watches cartoons on the living room couch. I am terrified that the illness is not gone and we are all going to get sick at some point, but so far we've been ok. Knock on wood. She is home again today because she still had a fever this morning. Other than that, we've been doing fine and we're looking forward to everyone being healthy again so we can get back into a normal routine! Well, from the sound of that squirt, I think I'm needed in the diaper changing station... I'll update later with more pictures.

1 comment:

The Kohl's said...

We called you a couple of times to check on you and Blake as well as Aubrey. I am guessing you are busy but things are good.