Thursday, August 20, 2009

Baby update

I had an appointment yesterday at S&W for the first time. Dave's insurance at the hospital had a 30 day lag from his start date, so yesterday was the first day it kicked in. I had to meet with the intake nurse first, even though it is very apparent that I am pregnant! She had concerns with my blood pressure situation (I've been on meds for that since about 18 weeks) and my low lying placenta that was noted on my first ultrasound. Dave said that has gotten better, but we all know about Dave's OB ultrasound skills, LOL! Just kidding, honey. Anyway, she found the doctor to ask him about those things, and he came right over to meet me. His name is Dr. Handcock. I loved him instantly and felt really comfortable with my choice. He was so concerned and ordered an ultrasound and a non-stress test right away. He said that because of my elevated BP I would have to come in once a week from here on out for an NST just to make sure the baby isn't under stress. Then as it gets closer to my due date, I will have to come twice a week. He also ordered another ultrasound because he said the medicine I am taking could affect Blake's growth, so he wants to check that out. I can't believe it's already so close to my due date that I'll be having weekly appointments. That seems crazy to me. I had to go over to Labor and Delivery after my appointment with the nurse, and they hooked me up to the monitors for my NST. They said everything looked perfect with the baby. I am so excited to deliver at that hospital! Everyone is so friendly and helpful, and the actual facility is awesome. It will be so much nicer than the old S&W hospital in Temple. I will labor, deliver, and recover all in one room, so no rolling around the hospital to separate rooms. Only 7 weeks left till my due date! Whoa, baby!

4 comments:

The Kohl's said...

Wow how time is flying, where has it gone?

Ashley said...

I didn't realize you were having blood pressure issues. I hope the meds you are on will keep it under control. I am glad everything looks perfect with Blake and that the doctor is going to monitor you closely from here on out. I'm sure you'll love the extra ultrasounds :)

Glad you love your new doctor! Blake will be here before you know it!

Sawatzky family said...

Praying for a healthy mom and baby :)
Blessings!

Sara Tredennick said...

Yo! Can we get some new pics of the belly? Also, did Aubrey start kindergarten this year? (We really need to catch up!)