Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Just monkeying around today...

My brother just called to tell me that one of his friends, Conway, passed away early this morning. My heart goes out to his family, and I can not even imagine what they are going through at this moment. He was only 26 years old. I will always remember him as the crazy little carefree kid that would run wild with Kody. When I hear something like this, I step back and evaluate my own life and all its blessings. I spend a little more time just watching the girls play instead of worrying about the mess, I spend a little more time listening to their questions instead of worrying about what I have to do next, and I spend a little more time tucking them in at night instead of running off to get ready for the next day. I cherish every moment I hear them laugh, see them smile, and listen to them say "I love you, mommy". You never know how much time you'll have. Rest in peace, Conway.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I heard about Conway earlier today and emailed Kody. How horrible!

Yes, tragedy like this sure makes you realize how blessed we are.

Anonymous said...

I always loved that kid and his family!!!!!!
GOD BLESS you COHNWAY!!!!!!!!

The Kohl's said...

Yeah, Kody is pretty upset by all this. It was a real shock.

Carrie said...

What happened? I remember the name...I'm trying to put a face to the name.