Tuesday, October 23, 2007

To Lubbock and beyond.....

Whoa! Today is my first day back to work after our extremely long road trip! Dave had interviews in Lubbock and San Angelo, so we left last Wednesday and returned last night, just in time for gymnastics. It was a great trip, and the girls were awesome. Mimi came along for the ride, and she helped out tremendously with the girls. I had real estate tours in both places, and Dave and I had to attend dinner two different nights. Other than having to choke down peach cobbler ( I have a thing about warm fruit), the meetings went well. We are more confused than ever about where to go, so much that we haven't quite talked about the events of the trip. We had a lot to process, and it is much different now that we have little ones to think about during this transition. Speaking of little ones, watch yours in parking lots. Aubrey came very close to getting hit by a truck in the hotel parking lot. It was ridiculously scary, especially since the guy wouldn't have seen her had Dave not yelled her name as loud as he could. It made me thankful for my babies and my family; no matter where we end up, we will always have each other. Enjoy the pics! Just click on "view all images" to see the slide show. Love, jenn

2 comments:

Sawatzky family said...

Road trips with kids....fun and terrifying all at the same time! ;)
Adorable pics of your girls at the pumpkin patch. I also have a huge fear of parking lots when I have my three in tow! I am sure if anyone were to stop and watch they would think I was certifiably insane but I go into to drill sergent mom :) mode! I usually have death grip on all three...the mintue I let go of one they take off faster then Flash Gordon across the lot! I am runnig after yelling at the top of my lungs for them to stop or face certain death! hehehe

The Miedema-Familia said...

So exciting- change is a great thing to look forward to.

By the way, I saw one of your favorite things is teaching reading- isn't it the most fun subject! I wish I were there teaching with you!