Sunday, November 25, 2012

Holy dog hair, Batman!

Our poor dog was in desperate need of haircut.  He used to go to a groomer in Round Rock, but I think she was super mean to him so I tried to switch him to a new groomer in Salado.  Well, maybe because of his past experience with mean groomer, he kinda bit the new, nice groomer.  OK, not kinda.  He really bit her.  As a result, he was banned from the new groomer.  Who needs one though?  Mama bought some pet clippers at Target and got busy hacking away tonight.  Gotta say, I am pretty pleased with the results.  And Herky, he was PERFECT while I was grooming him.  I actually think he kinda enjoyed it.  ;-)  

Check out that pile of hair!!!  He might need a Christmas sweater now that I chopped off all his insulation.

Who's a happy dog?
BTW, for those of you wondering...Herky got his name from the University of Iowa's mascot, Herky the Hawkeye.  We got him two weeks before we left Iowa, so we thought it would be a good way to remember our year there.  Anyway, that's the story.  It isn't short for Hercules and it's not Turkey.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Herky! But he is so sweet! He will look cute in a sweater. Allison

Allena said...

Tell your mom I get all my stockings at Pottery Barn Kids. :)