Tuesday, September 30, 2008

make-believe, milwaukee, and a museum...oh my!

We had an eventful weekend. Dave got in on the action Friday night by playing Aubrey's "prince". He would kill me if I posted the FULL LENGTH shot of him, but I figured from the waist up is fair...
GROWN man + FEATHER boa = HILARIOUS pictures that might come back to haunt him someday!

Anyway, Aubrey is very sweet.
Example shown:
aubrey: mommy, when can i get married?
mommy: when you're 30.
aubrey: is that a long time?
mommy: yes.
aubrey: well, when i get married, i want to marry someone just like daddy.
mommy (tearing up a little): run quick and tell your daddy what you just told me!

Saturday morning we woke up and started driving. We ended up in Milwaukee. I love it; I love the whole entire state of Wisconsin. I especially love the beach along Lake Michigan.
JEANS+ LONG sleeve shirts = MY kind of beach!
The water was really freakin cold, and we were amazed (more shocked) that people were actually IN the water!

Sunday we drove to Madison; ate at Ella's Deli after addy saw the yee-haw (carousel) outside while we were driving by. It turned out to be an AWESOME place to eat. I got the aloha burger (with teriyaki, pineapple and cheese) and Dave was jealous. Unbelievable if you know my husband. Scored two free tokens for the carousel from a friendly patron, so that was awesome.

Returned late Sunday night; girls went STRAIGHT to bed with no coaxing on our part. They were exhausted little travelers. Who wouldn't be after such a fun-filled weekend. I finally recovered today! :) Pictures follow:

poor dave, surrounded by so much estrogen...

she dressed herself, hair and all...

forget being a princess, i wanna be a rockstar!

if only everyday could be spent barefoot on the beach:


aubrey took this picture of dave and me:




at the Madison Children's MOO-seum:



No comments: