Wednesday, September 24, 2008

All good things must come to an end...

I'm back in Iowa after a two week visit to Texas.  We had tons of fun hanging out with friends and family, but we didn't have time to see everyone we wanted to see.  You realize just how many people you know when you try to squeeze them all into a 13 day period!  HIGHLIGHTS from the trip include:
UNCLE BINK'S HOMECOMING- Clay and his girlfriend, Jessie, were in the homecoming court so we were able to take some pictures before they went on the field.  Aubrey really wanted to take a picture with the girl in the blue dress because she "looked like Cinderella"! 
I think this girl was the "freshman princess", AKA Cinderella:
Mimi, Pops, and Uncle Bink:
Hillary, Hannah, Allison, me, and Addy (it was a bonus running into them at the game, they are friends I've known since ELEMENTARY!):Candice, Kody, me supporting our pick for king:
The girls' shoes:
Uncle Bink with the girls (he'll always be their king!):

TAKING SENIOR PICS- Jessie and Bink wanted fun senior photos without the hefty pricetag, so I offered my amateur services. I think we got some pretty cute ones! There are quite a few, but here are some of my favorites:





ROADTRIP to LUBBOCK- Kody, Candice, the girls, and I headed to Lubbock this past weekend to meet up with some of my old friends from college. Other than a weird rattling noise in Kody's truck and a 1 hour detour on the way there, we had a really smooth trip. My friends that I met up with were some old dorm buddies from freshman year. We all lived on the second floor of Horn Hall, and I still can't believe it was 10 years ago when we met!!
Aunt Candice and me in front of the RV we all rented for tailgating:

Shannon, Marissa, me, Tali, and Sara (inside our old dorm):

The view from outside (Dave and I met right where we're standing in the pic!):

Guns up!


Highlights not pictured:
Aubrey met up with Reaves in Temple, we went to The Bess House for dinner in Belton, I attended a luncheon for a friend who is having twins, I got to see some friends from Louisiana, I found out I have a "gray patch" of hair (more of a shocker than a highlight), Aubrey got to spend countless hours with the family dogs, we ate Mexican more than once, and we got to spend quality time with all the grandparents and my grandma! The only thing that would've made our trip better is if Dave could've been there with us. The girls and I missed him, and we felt a little guilty everytime we ate Mexican food without him!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh.....what a "B"!!!!there was like, no mention of Mom taking those AWESOME pics of Jessie and Clay also!!!!Thanks!!!I'll remember that!!!!Love ya anyway and we had a wonderful time with you and the girls!!!Can't wait until October when Nawnee and I come there!!Mom

STACEY said...

I’m quite impressed with your senior pics! Good job!
I always love looking at your blog. You & your family are adorable!

Ashley said...

Glad you guys had such a good trip. Your mom's comment is hilarious. The senior pics you took turned out great.

The Kohl's said...

Oh, I was so sick, I look so pail in that pick, but it was really cute of us. Oh, and send me the picture of us at homecoming so I can frame it!!!