Thursday, March 31, 2011

13.1

We did it!!! I have had a goal of running a half marathon for a while now, but, you know, life just gets in the way! You would think I would be prepared just from running around after the kiddos, but unfortunately it wasn't that easy. My brother, Kody, and I set a goal to do a 12 week training schedule that ultimately led up to the Rock n' Roll half marathon in Dallas this past weekend. I am so proud of us for actually finishing since neither one of us would consider ourselves runners. It was amazing how my body adapted to the long runs in such a short amount of time. I am definitely no Speedy Gonzales...my final chip time was 2:18:41. But my motto for the whole training program was "it doesn't matter how fast I go, just as long as I keep going!" I did just that, and I am so proud of my accomplishment. I have to say, that between hosting Aubrey's birthday party and running a half marathon, I pretty much felt like Supermom last weekend.
before the race:

and after:

BTW: Kody kicked my butt. He finished in 1 hour and 56 minutes!!

3 comments:

Allena said...

You are a rockstar!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME BABY GIRL!!! I am PROUD of you!!!!!
and you are a SUPERMOM!!!!!
Hey....I love your new pic on your homepage!!! Love you,Mom

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jen and Kody....You guys both look great! Way to go!
CC & PC